Here are some instructions for storing cherries to maximise their lifespan -- assuming you can stop yourself from eating them all as soon as you get them home!
- Cherries are picked ripe and sweet from the tree.
- Keep cherries cool to keep them fresh for longer -- so put that bowl full of cherries in the fridge!
- Store dry and loosely packed in a covered container in the fridge until needed (0C - 4C is great)
- Leave the stems on - they help keep the cherries fresh.
- Only rinse cherries when you are ready to eat them as they can absorb the water and soften.