Fenthion review finalised
The APVMA has released the final review findings and regulatory decision for the reconsideration of fenthion. This means most products containing the chemical fenthion are now cancelled, bringing to a close the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority’s reconsideration of this chemical.
The APVMA has decided to:
- vary the label of the horticultural product Lebaycid Insecticide Spray to delete all uses except post-harvest dipping of tropical and subtropical inedible peel fruits
- vary the label of the pest control 1% fenthion dust to delete all uses except in cracks and crevices
- cancel the cattle lice control product Tiguvon Spot-on Cattle Lice Insecticide
- cancel all other pest control and home garden products containing fenthion.
- media release
- fenthion chemical review page for more information and detailed reports for this review
- gazette notice Reconsideration of approvals and registrations related to fenthion.
The Department of Environment and Primary Industries has now released a Little Cherry Virus 2 factsheet "Managing Little Cherry Virus".
PROFESSOR LYNN AND MARLENE LONG VISIT on 30 September 2014.
Funded by HAL with Cherry Industry Levy and matched funds from the Australian Government for the National Cherry Development Program.
On Tuesday 30th September we met with Professor Lynn Long, Cherry Expert, Professor and Extension Horticulturalist from Oregon State University and Marlene Long as well as Penny Measham and Peter Morrison (an agronomist who has been contracted to this program), at The Connection between Shepparton and Mooroopna.
Professor Lynn presented on a number of trials he has been working on regarding compatability with rootstocks and varieties and how these affect crop loads. He also outlined pruning guidelines for different rootstocks.
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences(ABARES) is pleased to bring its Victorian Regional Outlook conference to Wodonga on Thursday 18 September. Senator Bridget McKenzie, Senator for Victoria, is delivering the opening address.
Come to access up-to-date commodity and economic data, network with other delegates and consider the outlook and issues for your region. Discussion will focus on the opportunities for agriculture, productivity and innovation. Then learn about thriving in a changing environment and other local issues that will be explored at this one day conference. Enquire about the competitive group registration rate for 5+ delegates.
The conference will be held at the Huon Hill Hotel, Wodonga.
The Regional Outlook conferences are an essential part of ABARES delivery of commodity forecasts and research results directly to rural and regional communities. With regionally based speakers complemented by ABARES presenters, each conference program is tailored to the region.
Please find below information and application form for download regarding 2014/15 Australian Cherry Export Marketing Co-operative Promotions.
Applications can be made by all commercial participants in the fresh cherry supply chain for eligible export promotional activities.
Please also note that the latest Cherry Industry Annual Report has been released. To view or download, go to: http://www.cherrygrowers.org.au/reports/
To all Cherry Growers,
CGA is holding export registration and crop monitor training days on:
- Monday the 18th of August in Young NSW at the Young Services Club and
- Wednesday the 20th of August in Wandin Vic at the Landmark Offices.
Agenda and Q&A sheet attached.